We received questions as to when the 2017 community update will come, we have planned to make a release in May 2016 but we are in July and still nothing.
Whats going on?
- We have done nearly 35 updates since our last community release in May 2016, all those went (and still go) to our enterprise customers (that fund our project).
- During this year we decided to update the core of eramba to make it more stable, compatible with php7, bug free and ready for newer functionalities.
- This “migration” is taking longer than expected and thats why did not update the system in May 2017.
Whats the plan? Once the migration is completed, build a 2017 community update. We hope that will happen in September 2017.
We plan to improve the overall experience:
- Installing the system: we have updated our guides and plan to build new VM’s, include AWS AMIs and offer a very affordable “Install the system for me” service, probably for a 70-100 USD fee.
- Learning how to use the system: we have made huge improvements on the documentation and its videos, on top we plan to offer online trainings (8-9hs of online sessions that cover policies, controls, audits, compliance and risk) to our community for a modest fee, perhaps 100-150 USD.
- Fixing bugs: on top of the yearly update, if there is a serious bug, we plan to send an update instead of keeping you all waiting until the next year.
Thank you for your patience!