This post explains how to update your community release 126.96.36.199.15 (from May 2015) to our latest release c106.001. We have also prepared a video that shows how the update has been executed on our servers.
Backup your current deployment
- Backup your database (mysqldump YOURDB > backup_file.sql)
- Backup your application folder (mv eramba_v2 eramba_v2_backup)
Get the code for the new release from our website
- Uncompress the code, the directory will be eramba_community
- Rename that directory to be the same as the previous version (mv eramba_community eramba_v2)
Patch the database
- Important: make sure the “email” attribute in your user accounts do not have the same email set.
- You will need to patch your old community release database to make it work on the new version
- Use this patch file and apply it to your database (mysql YOURDB < app/Config/db_schema/update-c1.0.1.001.sql)
- Copy the template file app/Config/database.php.default to app/Config/database.php
- Make sure hostname, username, password and database are completed
Set the right permissions
- Apache will need to write in the following directories and files:
Run Update Scripts
- from the directory eramba_community/app/ … run the following two commands
- php Console/cake.php Migrations.migration run up
- php Console/cake.php update cleanup
Copy old file attachments to new eramba
- Copy all files from the uploads directory on your old eramba to the new one
- cp -a eramba_v2/app/webroot/files/uploads/* eramba_community/app/webroot/files/uploads/
Update mail, LDAP, Etc settings
- All settings are now moved to the user interface, so read our documentation on how to setup them up all again.
We hope it all went well for you!