Many users currently using our community release (2.0.4.015) have upgraded their version to our enterprise release and would like to keep their data while doing the upgrade This post explains how to perform this upgrade step by step.
- Create a new database in your MySQL server
- Make a copy of your current database (the one used by your community deploy) to this new database you created in step #1.
- Apply the SQL patch to the database #1, it should work without errors. If you have any error contact enterprise support.
- Uncompress the ZIP file you received from eramba with the enterprise release
- We now want to copy attachments that might have been uploaded from the community to the new enterprise install. These files are stored in app/webroot/files/* (all what is inside) in both systems, so essentially you just need to copy from one to the another. Your command could look like this: copy -a eramba_v2_community/app/webroot/files/* eramba_v2_enterprise/app/webroot/files/*
- Now point your apache to the new app (#1), make sure it’s app/tmp and app/webroot directories can be read by Apache.
- You now need to copy the database settings from one to the another. Simply copy the settings … cp eramba_v2_community/app/Config/database.php eramba_v2_enterprise/app/Config/database.php
- You need to update the database.php in the enterprise release pointing to the new database you created before!
- You should be able to login to eramba using the “admin” account
- If you had LDAP configured, you will need to configure it again using the GUI the new enterprise release comes shipped with.
- All accounts you had created must be edited (we are sorry, we had no way to automate this) so the checkbox “Local Account” is unchecked.
- Remember to test crontabs, they should run the same way as your previous community release.
- The enterprise release comes with a Settings section where all email, timezone, etc settings are configured directly from the GUI.
You should be able to complete the installation with this steps, if you run into trouble contact us we’ll help you sort out whatever is wrong.